Asp.net system is a part of a .net platform for building, deploying and running web applications. We can build up a web application by using both Asp.Net Web Form and Asp.Net MVC. In this article, I will uncover the principal difference between Asp.Net Web Form and Asp.Net MVC.
We will discuss some important differences that will help you make a right choice between both of them. Let’s take a look each of the differences in more detail. Difference between Asp.Net MVC and Web Forms:
Asp.Net Web Forms:
- Net Web Form follows a conventional event-driven development model.
- Net Web Form has server controls.
- Net Web Form supports view state for state management at the customer side.
- Net Web Form has file-based URLs means record name exist in the URLs must have its physical existence.
- Net Web Form follows Web Forms Syntax
- In Asp.Net Web Form, Web Forms (ASPX) i.e. views are firmly coupled to Code behind (ASPX.CS) i.e. logic.
- Net Web Form has Master Pages for a consistent look and feel.
- Net Web Form has User Controls for code re-usability.
- Net Web Form has worked in data controls and best for rapid development with powerful data access.
- Net Web Form is not Open Source.
- Net MVC is a lightweight and follows MVC (Model, View, Controller) design based development, model.
- Net MVC has HTML supporters.
- Net MVC does not support view state.
- Net MVC has route-based URLs means URLs are separated into controllers and activities and additionally it depends on a controller, not on physical file.
- Net MVC follows customizable syntax (Razor as default)
- In Asp.Net MVC, Views and logic are kept independently.
- Net MVC has Layouts for a consistent look and feel.
- Net MVC has Partial Views for code re-usability.
- Net MVC is lightweight, provide full control over markup and support many highlights that allow fast & agile development. Thus it is best for developing the interactive web application with most recent web standards.
- Net Web MVC is an Open Source.
ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC are two web frameworks developed by Microsoft. ASP.NET MVC is not replacing ASP.NET Web Forms. Both these development models exist and can be used to develop ASP.NET applications.
Also Read: The 5 Worst Programming Languages Which You Should Avoid Learning in 2018.